What To Expect During Your Hospital Stay
After Cervical Surgery
DAY OF SURGERY:
- Admit to ambulatory services.
- Meet anesthesiologist prior to surgery. Dr. Kissel will contact your family via cell phone or main lobby when the surgery is complete.
- Post anesthesia recovery room 1-2 hours (no visitors).
- Family visitation once patient has been moved to hospital room.
DAY 2 (Postoperative):
- Antibiotics for a total of 24 hours
- Pain medications may be either injections or pills.
- Begin ambulation with assistance of nursing staff. Most likely on the day of surgery.
- Diet: most people resume normal diet within a few hours.
- C-spine X-ray and physical therapist for home instructions.
- Discharge home after most surgeries.
Please contact the office with any questions: (805) 544-4455.