What To Expect During Your Hospital Stay
For Lumbar Discectomy Surgery
- Admit to Ambulatory Services.
- Meet the Anesthesiologist prior to surgery.
- Dr. Kissel will contact your family via cell or main lobby when your surgery is complete.
- Post anesthesia recovery room 1-2 hours (no visitors).
- Family visitation once patient has been moved to hospital room.
DAY 2 (POSTOPERATIVE):
- Antibiotics for a total of 24 hours.
- Pain medications may be either injections or pills.
- Begin ambulation with assistance of nursing staff. Most likely on the day of surgery.
- Diet: most people resume diet within a few hours.
- Physical therapist for home instructions.
- Discharge home after most surgeries.
Please contact the office with any questions: (805) 544-4455.